The contents of the Congress are arranged according to various thematic areas, trying to guarantee the transversality of issues and their relevance.
Area 1: POLICIES.
It will analyze the current understanding of the ideology of the MVI in decision-making areas and in civil society, and the permeability of these contrasted with everyday practices. We will try to advance in aspects as varied as:
- Diagnostics of progress of the Independent Living model.
- Empowerment: de-institutionalization and de-medicalization.
- Discrimination in the educational field.
- Promotion of the active presence of women.
- The participation of the user.
- Transparency in money flows and sustainability of programs. Financing strategies. A National Fund for Independent Living?
- The strategic alliances with other similar groups. Collaboration mechanisms / continuous communication to exchange experiences and knowledge in matters of Independent Living and civil rights.
Area 2: REGULATIONS.
It will address the obstacles in the implementation / regulation and viability of:
- The civil rights derived from the Independent Living model, proposals for future developments that facilitate and simplify services such as Personal Assistance, its harmonization at the national, European, etc. level.
- The philosophy and limitations of the administrative rule, regulatory simplification, user participation in the design and evaluation of services, variables in urban and rural environments, etc.
- Normative frameworks for SELF-MANAGEMENTof PA and SELF-HELP.
- Recognition of training in skills for the management of PAs, for Independent Living and for the defense of the rights of people with functional diversity.
Área 3: TOOLS.
Analyze the most appropriate resources for SELF-MANAGEMENT, the promotion of the so-called Independent Living Offices (OVI’s), their legal structure, strengths and deficiencies, needs, social imbrication, etc.
Área 4: IDENTITY
It will analyze all those aspects that decisively influence the identitary reality (personal and collective) of the diverse group of people with functional diversity. Even conforming a varied set of “traditional” demands, its devotion causes a diminution, an undervaluation in the cultural and social perception. Address aspects of discrimination and oppression that include:
- Corporalities and sexuality.
- Accessibility to the environment and personal mobility.
- Equality before the law.
- Political, ideological and economic dimensions.